The 2022 Kentucky Food Truck State Championship will be held on Saturday, September 10th at Renfro Valley, Kentucky. This year’s event will include a $5,000 GRAND PRIZE as well as other category awards. Not only will we be dishing out the best food, the event will include a free daytime concert, antique tractor show, craft vendors, art walk, and more! Everything will be on site at the Renfro Valley Entertainment Center as well as Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Renfro Valley, Kentucky.
Become a Sponsor of the 2022 Kentucky Food Truck Championship! Click here for sponsorship form and more information.
Food Truck Vendor Information
It is FREE for Food Trucks to enter the Kentucky Food Truck State Championship. You may enter via Online or Paper Form (both linked below). You must submit a full application with items in the checklist to the Mt. Vernon-Rockcastle County Tourist Commission to be considered. You will be notified via email if your are approved to participate.
Food Truck Vendor Contract:
* Only one prize will be awarded per truck.
* Professional foodie judges will select 1 winner for each of the following categories:
* Grand Prize – $5,000.00
* Best Truck Theme & Design – $500.00
* Best Food Truck Spirit – $500.00
* Best Dessert – $500.00
* Best International Dish – $500.00
* Best American Cuisine – $500.00
* Most Unique Menu – $500.00
* People’s Choice – $500.00
* Best BBQ – $500.00
* Vendors will not be charged a commission on sales during the event.
* Vendors will be required to accept food vouchers from volunteers and staff during the event and will be reimbursed by the Food Truck Championship at the end of the event.
* Food will only be sold by participating food trucks during the event.
* Food Truck Vendors are not permitted to sell beverages of any kind during the event.
* Applications will be reviewed by the Food Truck Championship of Kentucky Committee on a first come, first served basis.
* Submission/Receipt of application does not signify acceptance.
* Vendors will receive notice of acceptance via phone/written letter.
* The Mt. Vernon-Rockcastle County Tourist Commission reserves the right to refuse any application.
* Food truck vendors will be required to collect and pay the Mt. Vernon City 3% Restaurant Tax. A copy of the ordinance requiring collection of restaurant tax and tax payment form will be supplied upon acceptance into the championship.
* Completion of application
* Completed & Signed Food Truck Vendor Contract (your digital signature at the end of form)
* General Liability Insurance with coverage of at least $1 million per occurrence
* Endorsement on the General Liability Insurance naming the following as an additional insured:
Mt. Vernon–Rockcastle County Tourist Commission 2590 Richmond St. PO Box 1467 Mt. Vernon, KY 40456
* Business Automobile Liability Insurance with coverage of at least $1 million per occurrence
* Copy of Valid Health Department License issued by any Kentucky Health Department.
* Current Photo of truck in .JPEG format, high resolution
* A full menu of all items you will be serving the day of the event.
* Completed W-9 Form
* Copy of your Kentucky Sales Tax Permit
Arts and Craft Vendors will be on display around the Bittersweet Cabin Village. All craft vendors will be required to pay a fee of $25 to set-up with their own table and chairs. Vendor fee and application is due by noon on September 1st and is non-refundable. Please remit payment to: Mt. Vernon-Rockcastle County Tourist Commission PO Box 1467 Mt. Vernon, KY 40456. You can bring your application and payment to the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame. Vendor fees must be paid with cash, credit/debit card, or money order. You will receive a receipt for your payment and will be required to show your receipt to event staff prior to setting up on the day of the event.
Event staff will have spaces assigned prior to your arrival on the day of set-up. Spaces will be limited to 10’x10’ in size. You may bring your own pop-up tent. Vendors may begin setting up on the day of the event at 9:00 am. Event starts at 11:00 am.